I have driven past this house many times and wondered what it would be like behind the 1930s Facade.
I was not disappointing when at last I was invited to take a look.
Chesters- was built in the aspirational days of the 1930s and stands in grounds that confirm this is no ordinary home.
The house although quite grand is tired and ready for an upgrade. The principle rooms look southish towards the gardens.
Step out of your front door and you are within a stroll of the South West coastal path. This is Upper Clevedon at its best.
For those with ambitious plans there is development potential. This would be subject to the necessary planning consents.
You can wait years for a property like Chesters to come to the market and probably will.
12' 0'' x 9' 10'' (3.65m x 2.99m)
Enter through the door into a great Hall. With an impressive staircase. The cloakroom sits neatly below the stairs.
22' 6'' x 13' 0'' (6.85m x 3.96m)
Generous and looking towards the gardens
13' 0'' x 12' 0'' (3.96m x 3.65m)
Measurements include the cupboard.
17' 0'' x 12' 0'' (5.18m x 3.65m)
The third reception room that looks towards the gardens
The Garden Room
This lovely room sits along the back of the house and provides a great aspect of the gardens and a place to over winter the more tender of your plant collection.
9' 0'' x 8' 6'' (2.74m x 2.59m)
11' 4'' x 9' 8'' (3.45m x 2.94m)
Basic and ready for a new one.
12' 8'' x 9' 9'' Max and 5`3" Min (3.86m x 2.97m)
With access into the gardens
The Master Bedroom
18' 0'' x 13' 0'' Max into the dormer (5.48m x 3.96m)
Overlooking the gardens and leading to:
The En Suite
7' 9'' x 7' 8'' (2.36m x 2.34m)
12' 0'' x 14' 0'' into the bay (3.65m x 4.26m)
11' 10'' x 16' 4'' Max (3.60m x 4.97m)
9' 0'' x 7' 6'' (2.74m x 2.28m)
18' 8'' x 14' 3'' Max and 9`6" Min (5.69m x 4.34m)
With a good deal of potential.
A sweeping driveway takes you up to the house and to the adjoining garage. Flanked by beautiful gardens that push the house back into this lovely setting.
You my lose the children for ever! The lawns extend out towards the kitchen garden and to so much more. A high stone wall runs along one side giving privacy and warmth and a sense that this is somewhat of a secret garden.
There appears to be development potential with so much ground and good road access on two sides. As always this is subject to planning approval.
Local Authority: North Somerset Council Tel: 01934 888888
Services: All mains services connected including gas fired central heating.
Health and Safety Statement
We would like to bring to your attention the potential risks of viewing a property that you do not know. Please take care as we cannot be responsible for accidents that take place during a viewing.
We would like to bring your attention to a pond in the garden.
All viewings strictly by appointment with the agent Steven Smith Town and Country Estate Agents Ltd 01275 877771
1. Items shown in photographs are not included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may be available by separate negotiations. We often use a panoramic photo of a location. This is not a view from the property.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
8. References to the tenure of a property are based on information provided by the seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor