Accommodation (all measurements approximate)
Pass under an attractive storm porch with an impressive contemporary door opening to the:
You will immediately get the wow factor.
With its Porcelanosa tiling and suite comprising WC and washbasin. Cleverly concealed coat and shoe cupboard.
From the hall the space immediately opens to a stunning:
Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Room
30' 0'' x 14' 6'' (9.14m x 4.42m)
The state of the art kitchen was supplied by Porcelanosa with its white units, integrated appliances which include two ovens and dishwasher. A fabulous island unit incorporates a huge Corian worktop with its inset induction hob and on demand hot tap and extends to a breakfast bar area along one side. The space is all the more impressive with its high sloping ceilings going full height into the roof space and at the far end of the room you are greeted by the most stunning channel views with its bi-fold doors opening out onto a glass fronted balcony. These views extend south westerly down the coast towards the islands of Flatholm, Steepholm, the Quantocks in the far distance and you can even pick up Birnbeck Pier on a clear day at Weston. The dining area offers a great opportunity for entertaining in style with a feeling of space, light and modernity. A fabulous chimney breast finished in stone and accommodating a glass fronted woodburning stove that can be seen from both the sitting room and dining area. A great feature. There is a partial glass floor creating a dramatic effect both from the floor below and from this floor as you pass over it towards the stairs which lead you up to the:
30' 0'' x 14' 6'' (9.14m x 4.42m)
This room connects well with both the kitchen and dining areas, again with its high sloping ceilings going full height to the ridge. ?the stone chimney breast incorporates both the TV and woodburning stove. A beautiful oak floor with its wonderful underfloor heating creates a warmth and contrast to the white walls. Again bi-fold doors open immediately out onto a glass fronted balcony connecting in style with the channel vistas. At the far end of this room is a cleverly designed office area again the cupboard and drawer units supplied by Porcelanosa. An oak staircase with glass balustrade drops down to the lower floors.
18' 2'' x 14' 8'' (5.53m x 4.47m)
With its beautiful engineered oak floors and triple glazed doors complete with in-built blinds which open directly out onto the patio and gardens. Measurements also include a comprehensive range of fitted wardrobes along with the:
Luxurious En-Suite Wet Room
Both the suite and tiling were supplied by Porcelanosa and are of the highest quality. The attention to detail is breathtaking. The en-suite can be cleverly accessed by both bedroom 2 and the guest bedroom.
11' 2'' x 9' 0'' (3.40m x 2.74m)
With engineered oak flooring and triple glazed window.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
With a wide hallway creating a small sitting area. The black Porcelanosa tiles contrast with the white walls with access to understairs cupboards but glance upwards to the glass floor above.
A concealed and walk in wine cellar.
9'7" max 6'3" min x 6'10"
Cupboard storage units with plumbing for the washing machine and venting for tumble dryer. Stainless steel sink. Access to the most important area of the house housing the air source heat pumps and equipment necessary to make this the eco house that it is.
21' 4'' x 14' 6'' (6.50m x 4.42m)
A beautifully appointed room with glass triple glazed doors opening directly out onto the gardens - yes the views are great here too! Engineered oak flooring complete with underfloor heating contrast with the white walls.
Dressing Room P
With shelving, hanging space and provision for shoe storage and incorporating both a dressing table and additional cupboards. From the dressing room there is immediate access to the:
Once again the suite was supplied by Porcelanosa along with the tiles. A double ended slipper bath is the focal point of the room with shadow lighting rippling down a tiled wall. There is a walk in wet room style shower screened only by a glass screen whilst a circular washbasin sits on a tiled plinth, WC. Mood lighting. This bathroom can be accessed from the main hall or the master suite with frosted glass doors giving it a certain contemporary edge.
Double gates open to the driveway with a further set of double gates beyond to a lower drive and with immediate access to the garage 21' x 19'6". There is plenty of parking and space for those with caravans, boats or motor homes. The garden to the front has been hard landscaped with thought to concealed bin storage and a raised herb garden. Flanked by Agapanthus.
The Main Gardens
Step down in a series of beautifully designed terraces. The lower terrace with its artificial lawn seating and mood lighting with a series of steps up to a higher level this time finished in stone and flanked by grasses and bamboo. The channel views are breathtaking. As you proceed up an outside staircase towards the back of the house you will step onto two balconies with glass balustrades. 180 degree views extend from the Mendips in the east down the channel towards the Quantocks and to your right the Welsh mountains. They don't come much better than this.
Local Authority: North Somerset Council Tel: 01934 888888
Services: Mains water, electricity and sewerage. The underfloor heating and hot water is supplied by an air source heat pump whilst your electricity costs are much reduced by the solar panels. For those with a keen interest on eco living there is also a rainwater harvesting tank positioned under the driveway supplying the toilets, washing machine and outside taps.
Health and Safety Statement
We would like to bring to your attention the potential risks of viewing a property that you do not know. Please take care as we cannot be responsible for accidents that take place during a viewing.
Special consideration should be given to the fact that both the gardens and house are split level.
All viewings strictly by appointment with the agent Steven Smith Town and Country Estate Agents Ltd 01275 877771
1. Items shown in photographs are not included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may be available by separate negotiations. We often use a panoramic photo of a location. This is not a view from the property.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
8. References to the tenure of a property are based on information provided by the seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor