Accommodation (all measurements approximate)
You are greeted by an impressive entrance with an arched window above the front door. opening to the entrance vestibule with the original Victorian quarry tiled floor. Beyond this a leaded light door with matching stained glass panels either side opens to the:
17' 0'' x 7' 0'' (5.18m x 2.13m)
A sweeping staircase rises up to the first floor bedroom accommodation. Features include ceiling cornicing and high moulded skirtings.
With suite comprising bath with shower over, washhand basin set into vanity unit and WC. Ladder style radiator. Pretty original stained glass window. Mirror fronted bathroom cabinet.
20' 2'' x 14' 7'' (6.14m x 4.44m)
Measurements extend into a magnificent bay window with stunning views across the gardens to the Bristol channel and the Welsh mountains in the distance. Within the bay a glazed door opens out onto the terrace. Features include an impressive Minster stone open fireplace creating a grand focal point. There is ornate ceiling cornicing and a central ceiling rose along with high moulded skirtings and the original picture rail.
19' 6'' x 15' 0'' (5.94m x 4.57m)
An elegant and beautifully proportioned room with surrounding ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose. Measurements extend into the square bay window which projects out into the front gardens. A fine focal point is a white marble fireplace which now incorporates a living flame coal effect gas fire.
14' 5'' x 9' 0'' (4.39m x 2.74m)
Measurements are into bay. Ceiling cornicing, central ceiling rose, moulded skirtings, picture rail.
13' 0'' x 13' 0'' (3.96m x 3.96m)
A most attractive and traditional kitchen. The heart of this room is the gas fired AGA with its lovely cream doors and enamel tops. The kitchen is hand built and painted. There is a mixture of granite and wooden worktops. Space for a fridge and above this a cupboard which houses the hot water cylinder. From the kitchen a glazed door opens out onto the terrace and from the kitchen lovely views are enjoyed across the gardens to St Mary's Church and the Bristol Channel. A stripped pine floor extends through into the:
9' 0'' x 7' 6'' (2.74m x 2.28m)
With the traditional butlers dresser with hardwood work top, glass fronted display cabinets and an arrangement of drawers and cupboards. A corian worktop and drainer extends around a double sink unit with a mahogany shelf below. Pretty stained glass window and with access to a side entrance door and to your right stairs drop down to the cellar rooms.
An elevated terrace extends out from the back of the house with access directly from the drawing room and the kitchen/breakfast room. This is a great position to enjoy Clevedon's famous sun sets and for views over the gardens, Walton St Mary and the Bristol Channel. It is large enough to entertain your friends and with steps that drop down into the gardens.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
From a central floor there is access to:
12' 9'' x 12' 7'' (3.88m x 3.83m)
With a small window and access to the electric consumer unit.
14' 8'' x 14' 6'' (4.47m x 4.42m)
17' 0'' x 6' 0'' (5.18m x 1.83m)
This room has been set up as a utility with plumbing for a washing machine. There is spaces for a fridge/freezer and a sink unit with base cupboards and drawers.
20' 0'' x 14' 0'' (max) (6.09m x 4.26m (max))
With a Belfast sink and a door which opens directly to the gardens.
12' 7'' x 11' 8'' (3.83m x 3.55m)
This room houses the boiler and there is a window which looks out onto the gardens with sea views in the distance.
Small Store Room
Half Landing. An original Victorian door with leaded glass panels opens to a cloaks cupboard.
A fine gallery overlooking the main reception hall. Elegant ceiling cornicing and picture rails. Useful storage cupboard and with access to the following:
15' 0'' x 15' 0'' (4.57m x 4.57m)
This room looks towards the front gardens. Period features include a Victorian fireplace, ceiling cornicing and picture rail. There is also an en-suite washbasin and measurements include a bank of fitted wardrobes with additional overhead cupboards.
14' 8'' x 14' 0'' (4.47m x 4.26m)
A beautiful and very elegant room with a double sash window looking out over the gardens and enjoying spectacular views of the Bristol Channels and the Welsh mountains in the far distance. Features include the original working shutters, ceiling coving, picture rail and a pretty Victorian bedroom fireplace.
13' 5'' x 13' 0'' (4.09m x 3.96m)
With beautiful views of the gardens and the Bristol Channel beyond, whilst St Mary's Church is framed by an architectural Scots Pine. Built in double wardrobe. Pretty Victorian bedroom fireplace. Ceiling coving and picture rail.
11' 10'' x 9' 3'' (3.60m x 2.82m)
With a built in double wardrobe. Pedestal washbasin. Picture rail.
12' 6'' x 7' 6'' (3.81m x 2.28m)
With picture rail, dado rail and enjoying a good aspect of the front gardens and drive.
With suite comprising bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment. An attractive corner shower. Contemporary rectangular washbasin with vanity cupboards below and WC. Pretty stained glass window. Attractive tiling to the floor and walls. Mirror fronted bathroom cabinets. Access to a roof void.
Attic Bedroom 6
14' 10'' x 8' 0'' (4.52m x 2.44m)
Looking towards the front gardens. Access to eaves storage.
Attic Bedroom 7
15' 9'' x 7' 0'' (4.80m x 2.13m)
With a bird's eye view across Walton St Mary to the Bristol Channel and Welsh mountains in the far distance. Access to eaves storage.
With a run of fitted cupboards.
"The Green House" stands well back from this tree lined road with the driveway passing through the front gardens and leading to the garage. These gardens are mature and lush giving a sense that you could be in the country rather than in town.
The principal gardens are extensive with rolling lawns and architectural shrubs and trees framing the most beautiful coastal views. From an elevated deck which extends out from the house you can really take full advantage of Clevedon's famous sun sets. At the far end of the gardens there is a Cedar wood greenhouse which sits next to a productive kitchen garden and a number of fruit trees. There is even a pergola adorned in Grape vine. As you walk back towards the house borders heave with an abundance of summer perennials and the deep scent of a great garden.
Local Authority: North Somerset Council Tel: 01934 888888
Services: All mains services connected including gas fired central heating. The boiler is located within the cellar.
Health and Safety Statement
We would like to bring to your attention the potential risks of viewing a property that you do not know. Please take care as we cannot be responsible for accidents that take place during a viewing.
There is a raised decking terrace with steps that drop down to the gardens. These can become slippery when wet and great care should be taken.
All viewings strictly by appointment with the agent Steven Smith Town and Country Estate Agents Ltd 01275 877771
1. Items shown in photographs are not included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may be available by separate negotiations. We often use a panoramic photo of a location. This is not a view from the property.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
8. References to the tenure of a property are based on information provided by the seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor