Accommodation (all measurements approximate)
With an attractive 1950's storm porch and a tiled floor incorporating LED lighting. Leading to a fabulous and original solid oak door which opens into the elegant:
12' 3'' x 10' 4'' (3.73m x 3.15m)
Measurements include the staircase which incorporates an understairs cupboard. There is a beautiful original oak parquet floor. Surrounding ceiling coving.
With a contemporary suite comprising wall hung WC with concealed cistern and washbasin. A small window.
From the hall, French doors open directly into the:
26' 10'' x 13' 7'' (8.17m x 4.14m)
A beautifully proportioned through room with a good aspect to the front gardens and an arching bay window which over hangs the main gardens and enjoys a panoramic sweep of the Bristol Channel. This house has one of the most impressive open fireplaces with its beautiful Oak surround.
18' 0'' x 11' 8'' (5.48m x 3.55m)
A stunning bespoke handmade kitchen with its "Farrow and Ball" hand painted cupboard and drawer units and fabulous quartz worktops which extend around the double Franke sink. The center piece is a spectacular island unit which contrasts beautifully and extends to a breakfast bar area. This kitchen and the appliances were installed towards the end of 2015. The range of appliances include three Miele ovens, a Miele six position induction hob, Miele contemporary glass and stainless steel extractor hood and a fully integrated Siemens dishwasher. From the kitchen sink there are views out onto the gardens. A beautiful architectural glass and oak staircase which drops down to the lower ground floor, partially divides the kitchen from the open plan dining and living areas. Underfloor heating.
Open Plan Dining, Living Room
24'4" x 14'3" max 12'0" min
With an expanse of engineered oak flooring contrasting with the beautiful Farrow Ball painted walls. This is an amazing space for entertaining with french doors opening directly out onto the terraced deck with its spectacular panoramic channel vistas. This is a place to enjoy a glass of wine.
A large gallery with access to the roof space by way of a loft ladder. Airing cupboard with a pressurised water cylinder. Connecting to the following bedroom accommodation:
17' 5'' x 15' 0'' (5.30m x 4.57m)
A great room with stunning views across the channel. French doors open to a Juliet balcony taking full advantage of this beautiful elevated position.
Luxury En-Suite Wet Room
9' 2'' x 5' 8'' (2.79m x 1.73m)
A sumptuous room with travertine tiles from "Mandarin Stone". A beautiful walk in wet room, wall hung WC with concealed cistern, well designed Kohler washbasin which sits on a corian work surface with drawers below. Heated towel rail. Spotlighting. Underfloor heating.
14' 6'' x 11' 9'' (4.42m x 3.58m)
This would make a great guest room. There are views towards the castle and Dial Hill. With its built in wardrobes and accompanying:
En-Suite Shower Room
With a corner shower, washbasin and WC and having been beautifully tiled and incorporating a leather effect floor. Heated towel rail and with light cascading into this space from a velux window above.
12' 4'' x 11' 0'' (3.76m x 3.35m)
Fitted with bespoke handmade wardrobes and drawers in oak. Enjoying a beautiful view of the gardens.
11' 0'' x 10' 8'' (3.35m x 3.25m)
This room takes full advantage of the spectacular panoramic channel views. These views encompass the islands of Flatholm, Steepholm, the Quantocks in the distance and the Welsh coast to your west.
9' 4'' x 9' 0'' (2.84m x 2.74m)
This will still make a generous single bedroom but at present makes for the most amazing office, although you will be easily distracted by the impressive bay views.
With an attractive double ended bath with shower above, WC with concealed cistern, circular sink unit with a mirror fronted bathroom cabinet above. Heated towel rail, spotlighting.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
NB. This floor would make for a superb self contained annex and would provide a kitchen, shower room and living space/bedroom. At present providing:
Games Room/Bedroom 6
14' 4'' x 11' 5'' (4.37m x 3.48m)
With views out onto the gardens, spotlighting and also providing a great cinema room.
12' 0'' x 8' 0'' (3.65m x 2.44m)
Fitted with a good range of cupboard and drawer units, excellent working surfaces. One and half bowl sink unit. Plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer. A tiled floor and with direct access out into the gardens at the back.
With a corner shower, pedestal washbasin and WC. Spotlighting. Attractive ceramic tiled floor.
Double gates open to an impressive brick paved drive which will provide parking for three cars before leading to the single garage 17'0" x 13'0" max 10'0" min. The garage has a separate alarm. Also providing a great opportunity as a gym. The drive curves around an attractive lawn flanked by well planted borders and screened from the road by mature shrubs and trees. There is a pretty sitting area on the far side.
The Main Gardens
These will not disappoint. They provide privacy and interest in all areas. A beautiful curvaceous stone patio extends out from the back of the house with its brick edging. A series of steps take you up to the upper decking linking to the kitchen, living and dining areas. Beyond this is the oak framed swings, a must for any family. A level lawn extends out from the patio before dropping down to a second a very private part of the garden with its rolling lawns, flowering Cherry tree and screened by a variety of shrubs and trees. Hidden out of view from the house is the summerhouse. From the garden there is access to an integral workshop some 17'0" x 6'2", with restricted headroom. To the side of the house is a useful store. On returning to the upper level of the garden, take the steps to your left which will give you a different vantage point and a different perspective of the house.
Local Authority: North Somerset Council Tel: 01934 888888
Services: All mains services connected.
All viewings strictly by appointment with the agent Steven Smith Town and Country Estate Agents Ltd 01275 877771
1. Items shown in photographs are not included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may be available by separate negotiations. We often use a panoramic photo of a location. This is not a view from the property.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
8. References to the tenure of a property are based on information provided by the seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor