> A truly stunning Victorian house
> There are five double bedrooms
> With 3 grand sitting rooms
> Three beautiful bathrooms
> A glorious bespoke open plan kitchen / dining room
> Walled gardens that will not disappoint
> This house has quality in spadefulls
> From the front door you are stroll of the sea front
> You can walk to a number of good restaurants
> This is mid Clevedon at its best
Accommodation (all measurements approximate)
A series of wide stone steps lead up to a grand Victorian entrance opening to the entrance vestibule with its original Victorian mosaic tiled floor. With a superb built in coats cupboard and shelving for Boots and shoes.
Grand Reception Hall
With its high cornice ceilings and beautiful solid oak floors. A very fine staircase rises to the first and second floors, a further staircase drops down to the lower ground floor accommodation.
19' 8'' x 15' 3'' (5.99m x 4.64m)
Very elegant and with stunning proportions. A fabulous bay window incorporating window shutters draws in plenty of light. There are high corniced ceilings with a particularly stunning central ceiling rose. A grand feature of the room is the white marble fireplace which now incorporates a fine wood burning stove. Additional features include beautiful oak floors and high moulded skirtings.
18' 0'' x 15' 4'' (5.48m x 4.67m)
An elegant and very light room with high cornice ceilings incorporating a central ceiling rose and a stunning window with a great view of the gardens. A grand Victorian fireplace provides an excellent focal point with additional features including the Victorian high moulded skirtings and surrounding picture rail.
15' 5'' x 5' 6'' (4.70m x 1.68m)
This room could provide a number of uses being ideally situated as an office for those looking to work from home, as a hobbies room or in this instance as a gym.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
With a fabulous hallway incorporating a stone floor. Useful understairs storage cupboard.
6' 7'' x 5' 2'' (2.01m x 1.57m)
With polished Silestone worktops surrounding the stainless steel sink. There are cupboards below and plumbing for washing machine. Superb built in cupboards providing lots of storage and beyond the utility a further storage room which also accommodates the Vaillant gas fired central heating boiler, pressurised water cylinder and water softener.
Playroom/Second Sitting Room
19' 9'' (into bay) x 15' 3'' (6.02m (into bay) x 4.64m)
Providing a great third reception with generous proportions and a good aspect. Additional features include the ceiling cornicing and an attractive fireplace.
22' 0'' x 15' 4'' (6.70m x 4.67m)
This offers the very best of open plan living. A beautiful bespoke kitchen which has been specifically designed for our clients with its white fronts, sumptuous silestone worktops which not only surround the sink but also extend to an impressive island unit incorporating a breakfast bar. The built in appliances include the dishwasher and wine cooler. There is attractive concealed worktop lighting and space for a range oven with its Rangemaster extractor hood above. The white kitchen contrasts beautifully with the stone floors which extend into the dining area, great for those with dogs and young children but more importantly a great look which complements the Victorian integrity of the house. Within the dining area there is an impressive fireplace which now incorporates a Clearview Vision solid fuel stove (the Rolls Royce of stoves). Beautiful period radiator. There are french doors which open directly out into the gardens making this a great inside, outside space for entertaining and for use with the family.
Hallway connecting to the following accommodation:
15' 4'' x 17' 0'' (4.67m x 5.18m)
With stunning proportions, high cornice ceilings with central ceiling rose, a pair of attractive arch top windows complete with working shutters and from here roof top glimpses to the Bristol channel and Welsh coastline beyond. Additional features include a fine Victorian fireplace and high moulded skirtings.
15' 5'' x 12' 5'' (4.70m x 3.78m)
With a great aspect of the gardens, window shutters and ceiling cornicing.
15' 8'' x 11' 0'' (4.77m x 3.35m)
Again the attractive Victorian features include the ceiling cornicing, a fine window with working shutters and from here attractive views of the gardens.
12' 10'' x 6' 0'' (3.91m x 1.83m)
A glorious bathroom with a double ended roll top bath on claw and ball feet. Pedestal washbasin, WC and a sumptuous walk in wet room style shower. The beautiful tiled floor incorporates underfloor heating. A fabulous etched and stained glass Victorian window, brings a great deal of light.
The galleried landing with a great skylight above cascading light down into the stairwell. There is access into a significant attic space which could be converted to additional accommodation, subject to the necessary consents.
15' 6'' x 11' 2'' (4.72m x 3.40m)
With a pretty Victorian bedroom fireplace, and from here a bird's eye view of the gardens.
15' 9'' x 12' 0'' (4.80m x 3.65m)
Again with a pretty Victorian bedroom fireplace, attractive rooftop views and a great aspect of the gardens.
With a traditional bath incorporating a mixer tap and handheld shower attachment in period design. Pedestal washbasin and WC. Useful eaves storage. From here a bird's eye view across the rooftops to the Bristol Channel and further down the coast to the islands of Flathom and Steepholm. Chrome ladder style radiator.
A wide entrance leads to generous parking with a series of grand stone steps leading up to the impressive front door. A pair of high wooden gates open to the right hand side providing a wide access to the side and rear gardens. These gardens will not disappoint, extending to approximately 100 feet in depth at the furthest point. With french doors opening immediately out from the open plan kitchen/dining room to a beautiful stone patio ideal for entertaining outdoors. Beyond a gently rolling lawn extends out behind the house flanked by beautifully planted borders and well maintained stone walls. Towards the far end of the garden a pretty summer house is used for housing the garden furniture. There is a further seating area, a great position to enjoy the famous Clevedon sunsets. These are gardens that are generous, well proportioned but at the same time not overwhelming.
Local Authority: North Somerset Council Tel: 01934 888888
Services: All mains services connected.
All viewings strictly by appointment with the agent Steven Smith Town and Country Estate Agents Ltd 01275 877771
1. Items shown in photographs are not included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may be available by separate negotiations. We often use a panoramic photo of a location. This is not a view from the property.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
8. References to the tenure of a property are based on information provided by the seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor