Accommodation (all measurements approximate)
A fine pillared entrance with double doors opening to:
With double doors opening through to the:
19' 0'' x 14' 0 (5.79m x 4.26m)
A spectacular central staircase rises to a gallery above. Features include ornate ceiling cornicing and rose, high moulded skirtings and fabulous cast iron radiator. A series of arched windows look towards the drive and front gardens.
23' 0'' x 17' 0 into bay (7.01m x 5.18m into bay)
With almost floor to ceiling windows on two sides of the room, drawing your attention to the spectacular gardens. An impressive Minster fireplace. Features include ornate ceiling cornicing, superb ceiling rose and high moulded skirtings. Double doors open from this room to the hall.
17' 0'' x 16' 10 (5.18m x 5.13m)
With almost floor to ceiling windows on two sides of the room offering a fabulous aspect of the grounds. An impressive Victorian slate fireplace fitted with a coal effect gas fire. Ceiling cornicing and central rose.
23' 0'' x 14' 0 (7.01m x 4.26m)
A beautifully proportioned room with french doors which invite you to the garden. A fine marble fireplace. Fabulous features include the ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose. Traditional cast iron radiator.
37'5" x 18'9" max 14'2" min
This exceptional kitchen has been designed and built by "Mark Wilkinson." With farmhouse style, cream fronted wall and base kitchen units. Complemented by extensive granite working surfaces with surround the inset stainless steel sink unit. A further island unit with deep granite working surfaces with additional stainless steel sink unit. The centre piece must surely be the cream gas fired three oven AGA with adjoining companion gas and electric AGA oven and hob. There is a concealed Miele extractor hood. Integrated appliances include stainless steel Miele microwave and Miele dishwasher, double fridge and double freezer. An attractive oak window seat conceals additional storage.
With two pairs of french doors opening out into the gardens. Two skylights above cascade light down into the room, creating a sense of space, light and modernity. This is an exceptional area from which to entertain combining cooking around family and friends. A door to the cellar provides further storage with heating. From the kitchen a further door leads through to a large:
18' 5'' x 5' 7 (5.61m x 1.70m)
With hardwood french doors and windows opening out onto the patio and gardens, making an ideal point from which to enter the house after using the pool or gardens. Leading through to the following:
8' 0'' x 7' 9 (2.44m x 2.36m)
With a range of wall and base cupboard and drawer units with working surfaces and sink unit. There is plumbing for the washing machine.
10' 4'' x 9' 2 (3.15m x 2.79m)
Originally designed as a potential shower room with all the services ready to install.
20' 0'' x 20' 0 (6.09m x 6.09m)
With electronically operated door. Access to the x2 Vaillant gas fired central heating boilers. A staircase rises to the self contained annexe or guest suite also providing scope for office accommodation.
From the gallery there is immediate access to:
Guest Suite Bedroom
13' 3'' x 13' 2 (4.04m x 4.01m)
With two attractive sash windows looking down onto the coach and horses drive and gardens.
En-Suite Shower Room
With king size shower, washbasin and WC. Contemporary in design.
Walk in Wardrobe
19'6" x 15'6" min 24' max
With vaulted ceilings. Access to the eaves storage. There are three velux windows providing lots of light. TV cable point.
NB. The guest suite can be separately accessed from the garage as previously mentioned and offers the ideal opportunity for a dependent relative, office accommodation or letting opportunity.
11' 6'' x 8' 8 (3.50m x 2.64m)
With a modern suite comprising a beautiful wet room style shower, pedestal washbasin and bath. WC. Airing cupboard with a pressurised water cylinder ready for those power showers.
Full Galleried Landing
14' 0'' x 12' 0 (4.26m x 3.65m)
And currently used as a rather grand study.
17' 7'' x 15' 0 (5.36m x 4.57m)
With the most beautiful bay window overlooking the gardens. Ceiling cornicing, high moulded skirtings and cast iron radiators.
With suite comprising bath, an oval washbasin set into a vanity unit and WC.
17' 10'' x 17' 6 (5.43m x 5.33m)
With double aspect views over the grounds. Features include ceiling cornicing, moulded skirtings, cast iron radiator. There is a generous built in wardrobe.
17' 0'' x 17' 0 (5.18m x 5.18m)
With double aspect views of the gardens. Features include ceiling cornicing and moulded skirtings. Built in double wardrobe.
Bedrooms 5 and 6
22' 6'' x 14' 4 (6.85m x 4.37m) combined measurements
With connecting archway. Would readily convert back to two bedrooms. There are views both towards St Mary's Church and to the back over the gardens and even to Walton Castle.
A sweeping in and out gravel driveway passes the pillared entrance. There is access to the double garage with electronically operated up and over door. The main gardens are an absolute delight and will fulfil the ambitions of the keenest gardener. For those with children, sprawling lawns extend out around the swimming pool and are framed by the most beautifully planted borders. There is a fine productive kitchen garden with a small orchard. The garden room houses the mowers and garden equipment.
NB. Cabling has been installed at both entrances ready for the installation of electronically operated gates if required.
Local Authority: North Somerset Council Tel: 01934 888888
Services: All mains services connected including gas fired central heating.
All viewings strictly by appointment with the agent Steven Smith Town and Country Estate Agents Ltd 01275 877771
1. Items shown in photographs are not included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may be available by separate negotiations. We often use a panoramic photo of a location. This is not a view from the property.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
8. References to the tenure of a property are based on information provided by the seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor